Cornflake cakes are so, so, so easy to make. It literally takes 5 minutes maximum from start to finish! They make a fairly healthy homemade snack for the kids – and I must say that when I make them, my darling of a husband loves stealing one or two as well 🙂 You can make them with rice crispies too – just as delicious and easy!
So, here is the recipe – for 12 cakes:
- 50 g butter
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 30 g liquid honey
- 100 g gluten free cornflakes (or gluten free rice crispies)
- Break the chocolate in small pieces and place it in a bowl with the butter and honey.
- Melt in the microwave for 1 minute (or over a pan of boiling water).
- Add the cornflakes (or rice cripies) and mix well.
- Put little cupcake cases in the holes of a muffin tray.
- Fill each cupcake case with a spoonful of the mixture.
- Chill in the fridge for about an hour.