I hesitated with the title of this recipe! It’s not really a cake… it’s not really a bread… it’s a kind of fruit and nut loaf really!
This is the perfect gluten free fruit and nut cake to make ahead and take with you to a picnic. It’s super fast and easy to make; it’s healthy; it’s delicious!
You can easily make it dairy free by using soy milk instead of cow’s milk. And you can experiment with using different nuts and dried fruit.
This loaf keeps very well if you wrap it in silver foil. A great cake to make ahead and keep for a few day 🙂
Hope you enjoy it!
So, here is the recipe:
- 200 g mixed dried fruit – I use a mix of dried apples, plums and apricots
- 100 g whole hazelnuts
- 100 g cane sugar
- 100 g rice flout
- 50 g cornflour
- 50 g buckwheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 150 ml milk
- a little cinnamon and ginger
- a pinch of salt
- Chop the dried fruit in half and place in a large bowl.
- Add the hazelnuts, sugar, flours, baking powder, salt and spices. Mix well.
- In separate bowl, mix the eggs and milk, and then add to the bowl.
- Mix it all well.
- Line a rectangular cake tin with non-stick baking paper and pour the mixture into the tin.
- Bake in the oven at 200°C for about 45 minutes. You might need to cover the cake with foil at the end of the baking process so that the top doesn’t burn.
- Let the cake cool down and enjoy!