In our family, bananas and chocolate is always a winner!
So I got absolutely no complaints when I announced, yesterday, that I was planning to make a banana and chocolate chip cake!
I had been given about 20 very ripe bananas and I needed to do something with them… so I came up with my own recipe of a gluten free banana and chocolate chip cake. We were all pleased with the result: it was moist and delicious! It didn’t last long… everyone wolfed it down!
The great thing about using bananas in a cake is that you then need hardly add any sugar – the fruit bring in enough naturally.
It’s incredibly fast and easy to make – basically whizz all the ingredients together and bake for 45 minutes! A dream cake for a busy person like me 🙂
Here it is – enjoy!
- 300 g of banana
- 50 g of brown sugar
- 130 g of butter
- 2 eggs
- 100 g of chocolate chips (I actually used 100 g of dark chocolate that I chopped up in small chunks with a large knife)
- 100 g of rice flour
- 110 g of cornflour (see products used)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Mash the bananas.
- Add the sugar, butter and eggs and mix well.
- Add the flours, baking and salt, and mix well again.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix gently.
- Line a cake tin with non-stick baking paper and pour the mixture in.
- Bake in the oven at 200°C for 45 minutes.
- Let the cake cool down and enjoy!